1. It should be sunny but cold today, with temperatures in the high 20s to low 30s.
2. The city of Boston will be picking up Christmas trees curbside for composting on recycling days during the first two weeks of January, from Monday, Jan. 2, to Friday, Jan. 13. Make sure you remove all ornaments, decorations and stands from your tree, and have it on the curb by 7 a.m. on your recycling day. Do not put your tree in a plastic bag. To look up your recycling day, click here.
3. Join the conversation: With official word that street sweeping in the South End will now go from March to December (instead of April to November), we want to know what you think: Will the change make South End streets cleaner or will it just make your wallet lighter?
4. We’re counting down our top 50 stories of 2011. So far, we’ve revealed , and . Thursday at 11 a.m., we’ll have No. 20 to 11, and Friday at 11 a.m., we’ll post the top 10.
5. If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter, @SouthEndPatch, and like us on Facebook. Following our Twitter feed is a great way to get up-to-the-minute info on everything South End related, and liking our Facebook page makes it that much easier to get your South End news.