1. Snow – yes, that fluffy white stuff that you forgot existed – is expected to hit the city at about 3 p.m. today. However, it should change to rain in the evening.
2. Are you one of the unfortunate souls who only truly gets to celebrate their birthday once every four years? Or, are you just someone who’s looking for an excuse to go out for some food and drinks tonight? Either way, got you covered. The Tremont Street restaurant has a special Leap Day Smuttynose Beer Dinner starting at 7 p.m. tonight. The three-course meal by chef Jose Cardoza features: 1) Fried green tomatoes with olive tapenade paired with Smuttynose IPA. 2) Cherry smoked short rib with jalapeno mustard potato salad paired with Smuttynose Brown Dog Ale. 3) Honey malt cheesecake with cherry salsa paired with Smuttynose Star Island Single. The dinner is $35 per person, and the pairings will be presented by Smuttynose’s Joe Grotto. Call 617-338-8884 for reservations.
3. is pulling away from the field in our competition to see You still have until 9 a.m. Friday, March 2, to , either by voting in the poll, leaving a comment or writing a review on your favorite shop’s directory listing under Patch Places.
4. The South End’s Katie Petrillo to raise money for affordable housing. She’ll be holding a fundraiser for her trip, through Bike and Build 2012, at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 29, at Globe Bar & Café on Boylston Street.
5. Have you claimed your Patch listing yet? It’s free and easy and will allow you to connect directly with customers and the community.