1. Things are heating up: today's forecast calls for sunny skies and highs in the lower 80s. Winds from 10 to 15 mph.
2. The Boston Bruins won their first Stanley Cup in nearly 40 years with a 4-0 victory over the Vancouver Canucks last night. Goalie Tim Thomas made 37 saves in the shut-out victory and won the Conn Smythe Trophy for the most outstanding player in the Stanley Cup playoffs. We'll see you at the parade on Saturday!
3. Does your neighbor have a beautiful garden? Nominate them for Mayor Menino's Garden Contest, which recognizes gardeners who have beautified their own small piece of Boston, whether it's a garden, window box or yard (who has those?). Submit nominations by July 15. First place winners in eight categories will receive the coveted "Golden Trowel" award and prizes. Click here for more info.
4. This weekend, don't forget to stop by on Union Park for its annual South End Greek Food Picnic. The festival will run from noon to 10 p.m. on Saturday and noon to 8 p.m. on Sunday with authentic home-made Greek food, music and fun for all (rain or shine). For more information call (617) 536-5692.
5. Tonight, two well-known Belgian designers will be at on Washington Street celebrating the launch of their domestic line of furniture. Lekker will be featuring the work of Laetitia Low and Paul Delaisse and giving customers a chance to meet them. Info on how to RSVP to the shindig is here.