Today is Friday, September 30. Here are five things you need to know today:
1. Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
2. is joining with the to hold an interfaith Blessing of the Animals on Sunday at 3 p.m. at the Prado at the Old North Church on Salem Street. Pet owners are welcome to bring their pets or a photo for an individual blessing.
3. Classes start this Saturday at Urbanity Dance on Shawmut Avenue. There's something for everyone, from contemporary and ballet dance classes to kids lessons and pay-what-you-can yoga. View a full schedule here or drop by the company's new studio at 280 Shawmut. (And, be sure to check out Patch's video of Urbanity's open house .)
4. Today is your last chance to save 25% off Fall art classes at the . Classes begin the week of October 3, and run for eight weeks. Click for more info.
5. Want one of those 100 jobs Whole Foods says it's gonna bring to its new Hyde Square store? The grocer is holding starting Saturday at the in Jamaica Plain.