1. Heat Continues: The National Weather Service predicts another hot day with a high of 90. There is a 40% chance of thunderstorms and showers after 11 a.m. In the evening, the chance of thunderstorms remains. They predict a much-welcomed low of 68.
2. Preschool story time: Take the kids down to the South End library to beat the heat with stories and activities. Story time starts at 10:30 a.m..
3. Free Workshop on Pain and Acupuncture: “Pain Relief and Acupuncture” will be presented at Pathways to Wellness, 1601 Washington Street from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. free of charge. If chronic pain is preventing you from enjoying the thing you used to, come explore how acupuncture can help.
4. Multicultural Carnival: Join the Hyde Square Task Force every Wednesday, starting July 18, for their annual Summer Nights Out series. Come together as a community to celebrate culture through music, and youth perfromances. These family friendly events are free! These events go from 6 to 8 p.m. at Hyde Square Task Force, 365 Centre St. Jamaica Plain.
5. Mayor Menino’s Wednesday Night Concerts: Celebrating the longest-running outdoor concert series, come check out Motown Night at City Hall Plaza. This free concert starts at 7 p.m.