Today is Wednesday, April 18. Here are five things you should know.
1) Cooler. Today will probably feel downright chilly after the last few days, but it won’t be that bad. Weather Underground is calling for highs near 68 degrees with clear skies. More of the same after dark, with temps falling to around 45 degrees.
2) Greed. A large took over the Financial District last night, as protesters demanding corporate “tax-dodgers” pay their fare share of federal taxes. Patch was on the scene and will have additional video and photo coming throughout the day. Click here for a story and photo gallery.
3) La Femme. Breaking away from industry stereotypes, is a platform for female musicians to showcase their talent based on skill and ability.
4) City Council. The today at City Hall starting at noon. As always, meetings can be followed on local access TV, or through a live stream available on the city’s website.
5) Deadline looming! A South End band may soon gets its first big break!
Patch is holding a contest in which local bands will square off for musical supremacy.
But the deadline for entries is Friday, so hurry up!
The Patch Video Battle of the Bands is the chance of a lifetime for local musicians. This is a chance for you and your bandmates to show off your abilities as musicians and earn some terrific prizes.
The grand prize winner will get to headline a gig at The Harp in Boston in June!