1. Temperatures could reach the high 40s today; however, it still won’t be pleasant to go outside, with heavy rain and wind expected throughout the day. Friday should also be relatively warm, before temperatures drop over the weekend.
2. The plans to open a second location at 37 Clarendon St. will go before the city’s Licensing Board on Thursday, Jan. 12, according to Universal Hub. The Shawmut Avenue bakery and café is seeking a food-serving license for the new location from the board. On Tuesday, the Buttery’s plans were approved by the city’s Zoning Board of Appeals, according to Universal Hub.
3. Wednesday afternoon news broke that the on Tremont Street . Boston Police arrested Shawn Wright, a 26-year-old Boston man, soon after the incident. He is being charged with armed robbery.
4. In a Boston.com article highlighting eight Boston-area restaurant trends for 2012, chef-owner Evan Deluty said this year is going to be all about the burger. “The Latin train ran through Boston last year,” he said. “Now this whole burger thing is going to be exploding.”
5. With the U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials Saturday morning in Houston, why not get a (small) taste of what those runners will be going through at the at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 12. The club meets at the Tremont Street store and is free and open to everyone.