1. It should be mostly sunny this weekend. Temperatures should reach the low 50s Friday but be in the low 40s Saturday and Sunday. Overnight on Saturday and Sunday, temperatures are expected to drop to the mid 20s.
2. gets underway Friday, Dec. 9, at the and continues through the weekend. The annual event, now in its sixth year, will feature more than 90 artists, selling their baskets, ceramics, decorative fiber, art-to-wear, furniture, glass, jewelry, leather, metal, mixed media, paper and wood. It’ll run from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. Tickets for the general public are $15, for seniors $13, for SAC members $12 and kids under 12 are free. See the event’s website for complete details.
3. The is Saturday, Dec. 10, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the Cathedral High School gymnasium. The market will feature more than 80 juried artists and designers from New England. Check out or the event’s website for complete details.
4. The Friends of Sparrow Park are throwing a Holiday Winter Party this Saturday, Dec. 10, from 2 to 3 p.m., at Titus Sparrow Park. The party will feature caroling, kids’ activities, treats and a visit from Ol’ St. Nick himself.
5. will host “Grog, Nog and Hog” Sunday, Dec. 11, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Come and learn how to make drinks for your holiday party. Call Aquitaine at 617-424-8577 with questions or for reservations.