Chef Demonstrations at Sibling Rivalry
- This month, make plans to head over to Sibling Rivalry to enjoy a Chef Demonstration by David Kinkead. $75 per person gets you the demonstration, a three-course plated meal and wine pairings, plus you get to walk away with some of the recipes so you can impress your friends at home. Tuesday, Feb. 7, is Duck Night and Tuesday, Feb. 21, brings you Oysters & Quail – these small demonstrations fill up fast, so reserve your spot at 617-338-5338.
Argentina Night at South End Buttery
- South End Buttery is hosting Argentina Night on Monday, Feb. 13, to celebrate the culture’s wine, art and food, as well as debut an exhibit of the photographic works of acclaimed New York photographer Alessandro Pappalardo. The menu for the evening includes treats like wild mushroom tarts, chorizo crostini, and dulce de leche cupcakes. RSVP at Events@SouthEndButtery.com.
Restaurant Opening News
- Lots of new restaurants are South End-bound after some recent announcements. First up, the people behind Deuxave in the Back Bay and dbar in Dorchester have leased the former Ginger Park space on Washington Street and . Next, some kind of food and drink establishment called Smithfield Kitchen will be opening up above B&G Oysters. Finally, The Aquitaine Group is planning a mid-priced Italian eatery called Cinquecento for the former Rocca space on Harrison Avenue.
Busy Nights at the Beehive
- The Beehive will be a swarm of activity next week as special events take place almost every night. On Tuesday, Feb. 7, it’s Middle Eastern Night, featuring belly dancing, an Armenian & Middle Eastern ensemble band, and special regional fare like lamb-filled Moroccan cigars and the Beehive’s house couscous. Later in the week, rev up for Valentine’s Day with five love-filled nights starting on Friday, Feb. 10. “5 Days of Luv’n” features V-Day inspired brunches and dinners with romantic live music and menu specials. As always, reservations are highly recommended by calling 617-423-0069.
New Winter Menu at Masa
- Masa keeps looking for new and interesting ways to keep your belly warm and full as the nights stay chilly. They recently rolled out their new winter menu, featuring tasty selections like PEI mussels with chile coconut broth, pan-roasted octopus with black cous cous salad, and smoked beef short ribs with Jack Daniels baked beans.