Ann Oppedisano Foundation Fundraiser
Ann Marie Oppedisano (Hernandez), age 47, has been a resident of Franklin since 2002. A loving, stay-at-home Mom, she has put her career on hold to raise her 3 children: Alessandra, now age 21, Evan, now age 12 and Leah, now age 5. As a favorite hobby, Ann spent countless hours gardening in her backyard over the years, which ultimately led her to being diagnosed with Lyme disease in 2009, after being bitten by a deer tick. Over the last year or so, Ann developed a number of serious health issues, which were consistently dismissed by her primary physician. He automatically attributed her ailments to the Lyme disease, without once bothering to test for other possible causes.
MISDIAGNOSIS: The sad truth is that Ann's health issues were in fact the results of an aggressive form of lung cancer, which, by the time it was diagnosed in May 2012, had spread to her liver, bones and brain. If the cancer had been caught and treated earlier, it could have been properly treated and her chances for survival could have been higher.
PROGNOSIS: Because of the advanced state of Ann's cancer, it is terminal. Her family is heartbroken.
Please consider donating to this young family by purchasing raffle tickets (3 tickets for $5.00, awesome prizes are listed below) and/or offering a $20.00 donation to attend the fundraising event on
Sunday, August 19th, from 2-6 PM, at the St. Stephen's Church Function Hall,
419 Shawmut Avenue in the South End of Boston
- 1 Hour Massage 9. $25 AMC Theatre Gift Certificate
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Basket 10. $250 Morton Steakhouse Gift Certificate
- Black Carry-On Samsonite Suitcase 11. $25 Dunkin’ Donuts Gift Certificate
- Solar Powered Sound System for Ipod or Iphone 12. $50 Texas Roadhouse Gift Certificate
- Samsung Camcorder 13. $100 Ruth Chris Steakhouse Gift Certificate
- 8-piece Calphalon Cookware 14. $100 Davios Restaurant Gift Certificate
- Box of 12 Talor-made Burner Golf Balls 15. $100 Gift Basket with Certificate to Illusion Salon & Spa in Quincy
8. Cosmopolitan Martini Basket 1 16. Free Tax Preparation with RSC Financial Services
For more information or to donate, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. See FB link for more details on how to donate via PayPal. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ann-Oppedisano-Foundation/343239429091658