1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting snow before 11 a.m. with a chance of rain between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.. The day will be cloudy with a high near 41 degrees.
2. The Buzz About Town: On Monday Dec. 3, Trojan Pleasure Carts, modeled after traditional hot dog carts, will give away Trojan vibrators at The Cyclorama at the Boston Center for the Arts, while supplies last. The giveaway was originally supposed to happen at City Hall Plaza, but the location was changed under pressure from Boston Mayor Thomas Menino.
3. City Councilors to Address Voting Lines: If you voted in the South End on Election Day, you know that many people waited in lines up to 90 minutes long just to exercise their right. District 2 Councilor Bill Linehan has announced he wants to hold a hearing "to determine how to alleviate the long lines and delays on Election Day." The idea will be intoduced at today's Boston City Council meeting.
4. Shopping with a Cause: On Nov. 29 and 30th from 4-9 p.m., a $5 donation to a local charity will get you discounts to various stores, restaurants and attractions at the Shops at Prudential Center (800 Boylston St.) Proceeds go to the following charities: Elizabeth Stone House, Room to Grow, The Boston Bruins Foundation, Women's Lunch Place For a list of retailers at The Center, see here.
5. Shop Local Night: Tonight's a designated "Shop Local" night by the South End Business Alliance. Stop by your local neighborhood stores from 3-7 p.m. for various promotions and giveaways.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.