1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a mostly cloudy day with a high near 50 degrees. The evening will be partly cloudy and the temperature will drop to 36 degrees.
2. Vienna Boys Choir Performance: Tickets are already on sale for the Boston's Cathedral of the Holy Cross' "Christmas at the Cathedral of the Holy Cross with The Vienna Boys Choir" on Sunday, December 2 at 3 p.m. This superb holiday concert will be hosted by radio personality and voice of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, Ron Della Chiesa. The architecturally significant Cathedral of the Holy Cross, located at 1400 Washington Street in Boston's South End, is the largest Roman Catholic church in New England. General admission tickets at $34.00 each are available now at http://www.etix.com or by calling 617-542-5682. See here for further information.
3. ABCD Needs Volunteers: The South End-based non-profit is looking for volunteers to help Boston residents get free tax preparation assistance. Take a free training and be prepared to help others save money on tax preparation. See here for more information.
4. New Art Exhibit: NK Gallery (450 Harrison Ave.) is currently showing The Paintings of Paul Walcott 2010- 2012. The show features abstractions in multi-media ranging from intimate in scale to wall size. The paintings have been said to be unfathomable in depth and intricately eminate light. The seem at once effortless and immediate, and utterly complex. See here for more information.
5. Attention South End Businesses! Are you offering any special Black Friday deal or promotion? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the details for inclusion in the South End Black Friday Shopping Guide. It will be a great way to get the word out to residents, and a great way for residents to know what the deals are right in their own neighborhood!
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.