1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a sunny day with a high near 46 degrees. The evening will cool down to about 33 degrees.
2. Free Nutrition Workshop at Pathways to Wellness: Join in at Pathways to Wellness for “Eating for Your Health,” a free workshop that will explore the role food plays in treating conditions such as colds and digestive issues, and in increasing your body’s energy. This free seminar will run from 6-7 p.m. at 1601 Washington Street, 3rd floor. See here for info on reserving your spot.
3. Boston's West End: Moving Forward, Looking Back: Presented by Wentworth Institute of Technology in partnership with the West End Museum, this exhibit questions how to move an urban area into the future without destroying the roots of the community as it considers a wide range of topics central to Boston’s present-day and old West End. The exhibit is open various hours on weekdays and weekends. See here for more information.
4. Performance at Beehive: Tonight, the classic sounds of legendary musician Thelonious Monk will fill The Beehive Restaurant (541 Tremont St.) with a performance headed by famed pianist Tim Ray. The music selection of the evening will pay homage to Monk, one of the giants of jazz-- his playing was unique, idiosyncratic, percussive, and his compositions angular and innovative. See here for more details.
5. Garlands and Green: Enjoy a night of Jazz-infused holiday songs and more at the annual Garlands and Greens holiday gathering. The Hampshire house party costs $35 at the door, and the money goes toward holday decorating around Beacon Hill. Doors open at 6 p.m..
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.