1. Play Opens: The highly acclaimed "Reflections of a Rock Lobster" opens this weekend at the Boston Center for the Arts. The play is based on a true story of a 17 year-old gay student from Cumberland, Rhode Island who sued his high school in 1980 for the right to escort his boyfriend to his high school prom. See here for more information.
2. Weather: Light snow continued through most of yesterday, and when the last of the precipitation clears, we have what looks likeclear skies for the weekend.
3. Revolutionary Women: Stop by Harriet Tubman Park this Sunday at 10 a.m. for a Revolutionary Women & Reggae Festival event: A candle lighting to celebrate Harriet Tubman. See here for more information.
4. Daylight Saving: Daylight Saving Time occurs this weekend. The official time to set the clocks one hour ahead is Sunday, March 10 at 2 a.m.
5. Spring Break: Boston Police are urging area college students to secure their off-campus housing units if they're planning on being away during their school's spring break period.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.