1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a partly sunny day with a high of 44 degrees.
2. Triva Bowl at Club Cafe: Tonight at Club Cafe (209 Columbus Ave.) put your brain to good use with the Stump! Trivia Bowl. Every team that participates wins a prize, and prizes include $250, VIP memberships, show tickets, and more. See here for more information.
3. 9k Fundraising Run: The Boston Run/Walk to Home Base 9k fundraising run is offering a lower fundraising minimum if you sign up by Jan. 15th. The run honors heroic veterans and raises funds for the Red Sox Foundation and Massachusetts General Hospital Home Base Program, which is used to fund clinical care and support for hundreds of Iraq and Afghanistan veterans and their families throughout New England who are affected by combat stress, deployment stress, and traumatic brain injury. See here for more information.
4. No Pants Subway Ride: The annual day each year when thousands of people will collectively ride the MBTA with no pants is approaching, so either mark your calendar for Jan. 13th to don your best undies and join in, or avoid the T altogether that day. See here for more information.
5. New bishop ordained: A new bishop in Boston was ordained in the South End recently, at the Cathedral of the Holy Cross. You can read more about the new bishop and see some photos from the ceremony here.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.