1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a partly sunny day with a chance of snow showers and a high of 28 degrees. The chance of precipitation is 30 percent.
2. Recycle Your Telephone Books: Place telephone books in with the rest of your recycling. They will be picked up on your recycling day. For every 1000 telephone books recycled, we save: 4,100 kW of electricty, enough to power an average home for 6 months, 7,000 gallons of water, 17 trees and 3.3 cubic yards of landfill space. Sounds like a good idea!
3. Chrismas Tree Removal: A reminder that all Boston residents must dispose of their Christmas trees on their recycling day between today, Jan. 7th and Jan. 18th. The Public Works Department will collect and compost the trees. See here for more information.
4. Donation Sale: Donate your unwanted designer purses to Rosie's Place and get 20 percent off your purchase of a new bag at The Paper Store. The closest location to the South End is in West Roxbury. See here for more information.
5. Where is Lotus Design? Lotus Designs (547 Columbus Ave.) a neighborhood florist shop and your 2012 Readers' Choice winner, isn't gone - it's just moved! Jimmie, the owner-proprietor, says the store has moved to a larger space at 977 Tremont.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.