1. Weather: The latest forecast is calling for 1-2 feet of snow right here in the heart of Boston. The storm will start on Friday morning and will hit peak intensity starting Friday afternoon into Friday night. See here for the latest forecast.
2. City Already Planning for Storm: The city of Boston announced yesterday there will be more than 600 snow plows and other snow removal equipment on the streets starting Friday, and that roads will be pre-treated as much as possible. The city also announced they may also ask commuters to NOT drive into the city on Friday. We'll keep you updated on the latest from the Mayor's Office. See here for more information.
3. Snow Emergency Parking: If (when) the mayor declares a snow emergency, we've already got you covered here in the South End. Here's a list of the streets you cannot park on, and a link to the nearby garages in the South End that are offering specials for those with cars and no place to put them. Remember you have only two hours after the snow emergency ends to move your car back out of the garage.
4. Cancelling a weekend event? Or is your store or business closing early on Friday? Let me know at email@example.com and I can update the neighborhood. You can also reach out through Facebook and Twitter.
5. Be in the Know: I'll be working all weekend to provide neighborhood-specific updates - any power outages, down trees, etc. Follow along in real-time on Facebook and Twitter, and remember, it's a two-way street. You can send in photos or videos of what you're seeing out there, and I can share them with the rest of the neighborhood.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.