1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a mostly sunny day with a high of 29 degrees.
2. Free Chili When It's Freezing: For the next month, any time the temperature drops below freezing (32 degrees Fahrenheit), Darryl’s Corner Bar & Kitchen (604 Columbus Ave.) will be offering a complimentary cup of chili or their famous gumbo, when requested, with the purchase of an entrée.
3. Boston During Climate Change: Today, Mayor Menino will announce several new planning and policy initiatives to better prepare Boston for Hurricane Sandy-like storms, a rising sea level, and other climate change impacts. The Mayor will be joined by Vivien Li, Executive Director of The Boston Harbor Association, Bryan Koop, Senior Vice President at Boston Properties, and David Storto, President of Spaulding Rehabilitation Network.
4. School Proposals: The Boston Public Schools' External Advisory Committee is meeting tonight to discuss the three new school choice models that include everything from the creation of smaller zones to the abolition of the zones altogether. Attending the meeting tonight at 6 p.m. at Suffolk University, 73 Tremont St., 9th Floor. See here for a Boston parent's perspective on school choice.
5. Become a Farmers' Market Vendor: Interested in becoming a vendor at the City Hall or Dewey Square Farmers Market? Download an application here: 2013 BPMA Market Application.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.