1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a partly sunny day with a high of 42 degrees.
2. Foodie's Expansion: Foodie’s Market, which has served the South End community for 14 years from its location at 1421 Washington St., opened a $3 million new market at 240 West Broadway in South Boston. The owners were recipients of a $1.4 million small business loan made possible by federal stimulus funds.
3. Exhibition Extended: Adelson Gallery (520 Harrison Ave.) has extended the stay of its Winfred Rembert exhibition, Caint to Caint. The title of the show is based on Winfred Rembert’s painting, “Caint to Caint (Can’t see when you go to work, can’t see when you get back),” referring to working in the cotton fields before sunrise until after sunset during his days in Cuthbert, Georgia in the 1950s and 60s. Rembert himself will be at the gallery on Friday, March 1st from 6-8 p.m. See here for more information.
4. Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk: Registration is open for the 25th annual Boston Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk, set for Sunday, Sept. 8. The one-day fundraising event to fight all cancers offers four routes: the 26.2-mile route starting from Hopkinton; the 13.1-mile route from Babson College in Wellesley; the 5-mile route from Boston College; and the 3-mile route from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. All routes end at the Copley Square finish line in Boston. See here for more information.
5. Pet Store Moves: South End pet store K9strolls is now open in its new location on Pembroke Street. Now located at 83 Pembroke St., k9strolls Shop & Play is officially opening the doors of its new location with an opening reception on Thursday night at 6 p.m.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.