1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a partly sunny day with a high of 35 degrees.
2. Wear Red Day: Feb. 1 is the 10th annual National Wear Red Day, part of the national “Go Red For Women” campaign and a kick-off to American Heart Month. You can join the fight against heart disease by supporting the “Go Red For Women” cause (learn more at goredforwomenepk.com). On Feb. 1, help build awareness and inspire action by wearing red. See here for more information.
2. Film Noir: Celebrate the old black and white movies with a free screening each Friday afternoon at the South End Branch Library (685 Tremont St.) This week's offering is "Thin Man" with Myrna Loy & William Powell. The show goes on at 2 p.m. See here for more information.
4. SOWA Open Market Applications: Ever want to be a vendor at the SOWA Open Market? Applications for the 10th season are now available on their website: http://www.sowaopenmarket.com/
5. Super Bowl Plans: If you're looking for something to do for the Super Bowl, Clery's is holding a Super Bowl Party starting at 1 p.m. on Sunday. $15 gets you two drink tickets, and they'll aslo be hosting a wing-eating contest. See here for more details.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.