1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a mostly sunny day with a high of 43 degrees.
2. Free Parking: All parking meters in Boston will be free today, thanks to an unexpected move from Mayor Menino. So when you're taking your sweetie out today, you'll have several more quarters to spend! See here for more information.
3. Happy Valentine's Day: Still haven't decided what to do? Take your partner out for a romantic dinner tonight to these South End restaurants that are offering Valentine's Day specials.
4. Creative Writing at Library: Love to write? Join Writing in the World: A Creative Writing Workshop for Adults offered at the South End Branch Library (685 Tremont St.) each Thursday. The seminar is aimed at beginning writers who want to experiment with poetry and short fiction. Limited to those over 55. See here for more information.
5. Upcoming Event at Salty Pig: Join General Manager Jillian Rocco and in-house Cheese Guru Anthony Liberti at The Salty Pig (130 Dartmouth St.), as they teach and treat you to a variety of wine and cheese pairings for their new educational and edible series, Board Games. It's happening this Sunday, Feb. 17th from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $30 and you can buy them in advance. See here for more information.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.