1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a mostly sunny day with a high of 42 degrees. Keep melting!
2. Boston Parking Ban Lifted: As of Tuesday at 6 p.m. Boston's Snow Emergency Parking ban was lifted. You can now once again park on Columbus Avenue, Dartmouth Street East Berkeley Street, Harrison Avenue, Herald Street, Massachusetts Avenue, Tremont Street, and Washington Street, among others.
3. School's Back Today: Boston Public Schools announced yesterday that there would be school on Wednesday for Boston students.
4. V-Day at the Beehive: Starting tonight, the The Beehive Restaurant (541 Tremont St.) is presenting “3 Days of Lovin’” a 3-day long love fest of Valentine’s Day inspired dinners accompanied by romantic live music, drink specials and as menu specials. See here for more information.
5. How to Report Issues to the City: If you're dealing with unplowed sidewalks, unplowed streets, or huge piles of snow, reach out to the city of Boston and let them know. You can report via Twitter (@notifyboston), you can call the Mayor's Hotline at 617-635-4500 or go online to http://www.cityofboston.gov/mayor/24/.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.