1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a mostly cloudy day with a high near 46 degrees. There's a 30% chance of rain.
2. Noire Fridays: Celebrate the old black and white movies with a free screening each Friday afternoon at the South End Branch Library (685 Tremont St.) This week's offering is "White Heat" with James Cagney. The show goes on at 2 p.m.
3. Bark Place Holiday Celebration: Bark Place (1721 Washington St.) will host a holiday celebration for Boston-area dog lovers to get into the spirit of the season and raise money for MSPCA-Angell on Saturday from 12-4 p.m. With the helping hand of Santa, renowned pet photographer Jann Tenenbaum will style and photograph each pooch and provide digital prints perfect for holiday cards. See here for more information.
4. ARL Holiday Tree Fundraiser: Support the first annual Animal Rescue League of Boston Holiday Tree for Pets — located in front of the Boston Center for the Arts on Tremont Street in the heart of the South End. Donate an ornament to celebrate the amazing animals in your life. Join up at the Boston Center for the Arts for the tree lighting on Saturday, December 8 at 4:15 p.m. See here for more details.
5. Eat Out for a Good Cause: The Salty Pig and Coda Kitchen & Bar (329 Columbus Ave.) are taking part in a "Benevolent Brunch Battle" this Sunday. Each restaurant will donate a portion of their proceeds to their charity of choice. The Salty Pig is open from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. and is raising funds for Lovin’ Spoonfuls and Coda, open from 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., is supporting Room To Grow. See here for more information, including the menu.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.