1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a cloudy day with a high near 52 degrees.
2. Shop Local: If you'd rather get your food from local vendors, look no further than Whole Food's Holiday Local Night, happening tonight from 5-7 p.m. at Whole Foods Market Symphony (15 Westland Ave.) Vendors on site will be Batch from Jamaica Plain, Dancing Deer Bakery from Boston, and a whole host of others. See here for more information.
3. Film Screening - Catch a viewing of Kinyarwanda, a film that interweaves six different tales to form one grand narrative that provides a depiction of human resilience and life during the 1994 Rwandan genocide. It's happening tonight at 7 p.m. the Bright Family Screening Room, Paramount Center, 559 Washington St. in the South End. See here for more information.
4. Get Emergency Alerts: With possible snow emergencies coming, it's a good time to make sure your updated contact information is registered with Alert Boston, the city's emergency notification system. Sign up to get emergency alerts on your phone, by email or text message.
5. Runners Needed: Mass. Eye and Ear is looking for runners to join its 2013 Boston Marathon team. Team members will have access to an exclusive marathon training program, a heated indoor meeting facility with restrooms near the start line on race day, team events, and more. Since 2006, Team Eye and Ear has raised more than $1.8 million for research and patient care at Mass. Eye and Ear. Learn more and apply today at MassEyeAndEar.org/marathon or call 617-573-6364.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.