1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting today will be rainy and cloudy with a high near 50 degrees.
2. Holiday Jazz at Library: Join your South End friends and neighbors at the South End Branch Library (685 Tremont St.) annual holiday jazz party featuring Pat Loomis and his band. The concert goes from 6:30 to 8 p.m. See here for more details.
3. Kids to Receive Donated Toys - Today, about 300 children from the South End/Lower Roxbury neighborhoods will be treated to toys and gifts at the Blackstone Community School from 4 p.m. - 8 p.m. courtesy of ABCD’s South End Neighborhood Service Center. Community members and business leaders Edward P. Collins, Peter J. Sullivan and Pamela Ward will be acknowledged for their donations and long-time support of the center.
4. Volunteers Needed: The American Liver Foundation is seeking volunteers who will run the 2013 Boston Marathon as part of their team. This year will mark the 25th year participating as a charity partner of the Boston Marathon. See here for information on joining the team.
5. Marty Baron Officially Leaving South End: The Boston Globe's editor Marty Baron announced last month he'd be leaving the Boston newspaper to become executive editor of the Washington Post. His announcement came with his decision to sell his seven-room condo for $1.4 million. He found a buyer for his apartment within five days, according to the Boston Business Journal.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.