1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a mostly sunny day with a high near 47 degrees.
2. Caroling in Hayes Park: The Friends of Hayes Park invite you to Caroling in the Park this Sunday at 4 p.m. Join your neighbors in a lively rendition of all the favorite carols of the season while enjoying hot mulled cider and holiday treats. They will also be collecting canned goods for the South End Neighborhood Action Program’s Emergency Food Pantry. See here for more details.
3. Wine Tasting - What makes a wine tasting extra special? You can find out at today's Extra Special Organic Wine Tasting at Formaggio Kitchen South End (268 Shawmut Ave.) Taste a lineup of some our finest organic and biodynamic wines for the holidays, some exclusive to Formaggio, including beautiful small production red and white Burgundies. The tasting is hosted by importer David Mitchell of Mise Wines. See here for more details.
4. Artist Demo: Artist Beverly Sky will be conducting a demo with insights and techniques related to her creative process on Saturday at the Millis Gallery at the Boston Center for the Arts (551 Tremont St.) The demo is presented in conjunction with the current exhibition in the BCA's Mills Gallery, Process Goes Public: BCA Artist Studios Building Exhibition, curated by Debra Olin and running December 14, 2012 through February 3, 2013. It's free and open to the public. See here for more information.
5. Noire Fridays: Celebrate the old black and white movies with a free screening each Friday afternoon at the South End Branch Library (685 Tremont St.) This week's offering is "Sunseet Boulevard" with Gloria Swanson. The show goes on at 2 p.m. See here for more information.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.