1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a mostly cloudy day with a high near 47 degrees. There's a 20% chance of rain.
2. Franklin/Blackstone Holiday Social: Celebrate the holidays with a neighborhood social tonight from 7 to 9 p.m. at BOMA (1415 Washington St.). Randi Lathrop a South End resident and the Deputy Director of the Boston Redevelopment Authority will share stories and give a presentation showing before and after photos of the neighborhood over the last 25 years. See here for more information.
3. Crime News: In case you missed it, South End Patch reported on a lot of crime in the last 24 hours. First was a bank robbery on Washington Street on Monday morning, then an article on a South End man convicted of sexually assaulting three of his young family members, and finally, details on a late night robbery on Upton Street on Friday morning. Click on each to read more on each topic.
4. Gift Card Fundraiser: If you spend $100 or more on a gift certificate at Pathways to Wellness (1601 Washington St., 3rd Floor) you not only get a coupon for a free acupuncture treatment, but your purchase also helps subsidize a free or low-cost treatment for someone with HIV/AIDS. See here for more information.
5. Battle history: Now through Dec. 29, visit the USS Constitution Museum in the Charlestown Navy Yard and explore a special exhibition of artifacts and images from the Constitution's battle with HMS Java on Dec. 29, 1812. Experience the battle and its bloody aftermath with the video, "Honors of War," playing in the Figgie Theater. The museum is open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. See here for more details.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.