1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a cloudy day with a high of 34 degrees and snow likely after 4 p.m. They're only expecting less than half an inch of new snow accumulation.
2. Condo Selling Seminar: If you are planning to sell your condo, learn what you can do to get the best possible offer at the Boston Center for Adult Education (122 Arlington St.) "Ready, Set, Sell!" The seminar will cover all of the necessary preparations, including how to stage and decorate your home for presentation to potential buyers. See here for more information.
3. Art + Alchemy: United South End Artists, Inc. and Gold Gallery present "Art + Alchemy: The Aesthetic Chemistry of United South End Artists", a juried art exhibition featuring original art work by members of United South End Artisits, Inc., now through February 9 at Gold Gallery (655-659 Tremont St.) See here for more information.
4. Yoga for Babies: Now you and your baby can do yoga together, at the Community Music Center of Boston (34 Warren Ave.) babyYOGA class. Classes incorporate sitting, standing, and floor poses that the caregiver performs with baby and toddler as well as poses caregiver can do for the child to help develop sensory skills and digestion. It's $130 for ten classes or $15 to drop in, each Monday and Friday. See here for more information.
5. Warm clothing collection: Partnering with Friends of Boston’s Homeless, throughout January Dependable Cleaners will be collecting brand-new or gently used winter hats, scarfs, pair of gloves or mittens, or new pairs of warm socks for the annual Warm Hands, Warm Hearts Campaign at any of their 16 locations. Nearby stores can be found at 110 Newbury St. and 316 Newbury St. Clients using Dependable Cleaners’ pickup and delivery service can also leave donations with their delivery drivers.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.