Invite a friend
Puppeteer Nicola McEldowney presents Ferdinand the Bull
Puppeteer Nocola McEldowney presents a performance of the children's classic Ferdinand by Munro Leaf. After the program, chidlren and parents will make a puppet. Sponsored by the Friends of the South end Library
More About South End Branch Library
There's a lot more than books at the South End Branch Library. The building is a great community resource with computers and other tools, and also offers programs for children and adults. The library's collection includes books and documents pertaining to local history, as well a large collection of adult fiction and scholarly reading. Popular newspapers and magazines are available, as are music CDs, DVDs and audiobooks. The children's section includes a large collection of picture and story books.
The library offers free Wi-Fi for those with laptop computers, and free access (with library card) to a bank of desktop computers. Printers are also available.
The South End Branch Library offers many programs throughout the year, including recurring weekly story hours for children, film programs and a monthly adult book club. English classes are offered to adults on a weekly basis. Seasonal programming includes craft, music and literary programs, and a Summer Reading Club for children. During summer months, visitors can enjoy the adjacent Library Park, with bench seating and Wi-Fi access.
Other events here
- South End Writes - Alice Hoffman Tomorrow, May 21, 6:30 pm
- Preschool Story Time Weekly on Wednesdays, 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Writing in the World: A Creative Workshop for Adults Weekly on Thursdays, 3:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Noire Fridays Weekly on Fridays, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Toddler Story Hour Weekly on Mondays, 10:30 am–11:30 am
- South End Writes - Alica Stone Tue, Jun 11, 6:30 pm
- South End Writes - Phillip Gambone Tue, Jun 18, 6:30 pm