OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To ensure Youth Enrichment Services (YES) meets all legal and regulatory requirements, the Director of Finance & Administration will lead, manage, and integrate the accounting, administrative, operational, human resources and IT functions of the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Works closely with the Executive Director to develop and monitor the financial budget and strategy of the Agency and ensure that it aligns with the overall strategic direction of the agency.
- Creates and periodically updates a financial management plan and budget with short-term and long-term strategic and tactical goals.
- Works with the program managers to develop and monitor budgets and financial statements.
- Assesses and manages the Agency risk and liability.
- Provides expertise, guidance and oversight in the areas of IT and Human Resources to ensure that those functions are operating and/or being carried out efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Assists the Executive Director and Treasurer as custodian of the Agency's funds and other assets.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for the financial and administrative operations of the Agency including banking, accounting functions, payroll, budget preparation, information technology, human resources and administrative services.
- Monitor organizational performance against both the annual budget and the agency's long-term strategy.
- Prepares accurate and timely recording of all financial information including cash receipts and disbursements, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, payroll and benefits, journal entries and the general ledger.
- Prepares monthly P&L, Balance Sheet, cash flow, and supplemental schedules. .
- Manages in all aspects of the annual audit.
- Assists with the development of the annual budget and monitors budgets for grants, contracts and fundraising events, and prepares related reports.
- Oversees and keep current personnel policies and procedures.
- Interfaces with the Finance Committee and attends all meetings thereof.
- Establishes and maintains contact with financial institutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in non-profit management.
- Experience with accrual accounting, cost allocation, budget development and administration and financial reporting
- Hands-on accounting experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Quick Books.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Operations, administrative and time management skills.
- Highly organized, able to manage multiple tasks, and think innovatively.
The above job description and qualifications are not meant to be all-inclusive. Additional responsibilities and qualifications may be added at any time by the employee's direct supervisor or Executive Director.
Youth Enrichment Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages applications from persons with disabilities and members of underrepresented groups.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or
Youth Enrichment Services
412 Massachusetts Ave.
Boston, MA 02118