What's Open, Closed on July 4th
Restaurants and bars will be in full operation during the first holiday of summer.
The fourth of July, otherwise known as Independence Day, falls on a Monday this year. Here's a handy list of what's open (and closed) during the holiday:
- Retail stores: Open at owner's discretion.
- Supermarkets and liquor stores: Open.
- Convenience stores: Open.
- Bars and restaurants: Open.
- Stock market: Closed.
- Municipal offices: Closed.
- Banks: Closed.
- Libraries: Closed.
- Schools: Closed.
- Post office: Closed.
- MBTA: Subway will operate on a Sunday schedule with extra service for customers heading to and from the Esplanade. Commuter rail trains will operate on a Saturday schedule with all last trains (except outbound to Newburyport) leaving at 11:45 p.m. Subway, buses and commuter rail are free after 10:30 p.m.
- Parking Meters: Free.
- Trash/Recycling: Regular schedule.