Things to Know in the South End Today, Sept. 19: Coltrane Tribute at the Beehive
Here are five things going on in and around the South End today.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts thunderstorms before noon with a high of 70 degrees. Chance of rain is 80 percent. The evening will be partly cloudy with a low of 62 degrees.
2. Coltrane Birthday Tribute: Saxophonist George Garzone will take to The Beehive's (541 Tremont St) stage for an ultimate birthday tribute to one of the greatest jazz musicians known to man, John Coltrane. Phil Grenadier will be on the trumpet, John Lockwood on bass, Tim Ray on keys, and of course, the spirit Coltrane for this one night only tribute performance. See here for more details.
3. Free Workout: All Boston Sports Club locations will allow non-members looking to sweat it out to use their facilities throughout the day, celebrating their 38 years of fitness in the Boston area.
4. Workplace Fall Job Fair: You’re invited to meet employers at the Central Branch of the Boston Public Library in Copley at a free job fair today from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
5. Salem Privateers and the War of 1812: Come down to the Old South Meeting House tonight from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. to learn about Salem’s role in the War of 1812.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.