Things to Know in the South End Today, Oct. 22: Health of the South End
Here are five things happening in the South End and nearby.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 64 degrees.
2. Health of the South End - Head to the Blackstone Community Center (50 West Brookline St.) from 6-8 p.m. tonight for a free tasting, cooking demonstration, and health of the South End discussion. Culinary Instructor, Vanessa LaBranche and Holistic Health Counselor, Paula Denoncourt will lead a discussion and prepare a dish using five simple ingredients that are healthy, nutritious, and down-right delicious. See here for more details.
4. For the kids: Drop by Coco Baby (1636 Washington St.) today from 3-6 p.m. for open drop-in hours. Enjoy their toys, arts & crafts, and musical instruments. Cost is $8 per visit. For more information, see here.
5. Editor on vacation this week: Your editor Sara Jacobi is on vacation from Wednesday of this week through Monday of next week. You can contact Roberto@patch.com for any issues while I'm gone. Remember, you can post any events and announcements directly to the site. See below for information on how to post.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.