Things to Know in the South End Today, Oct. 19: Pooch Party at Boston Red Dog
Here are five things going on in the South End and nearby today.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a rainy Friday with a high in the 60’s. The evening will be rainy and the temperature will drop to 60.
2. Ellis Boston Antique Show: Don't miss this antiques show happening this weekend in the South End. About 40 exhibitors will have goods on display from 1 to 8 p.m. Friday at the Boston Center for the Arts. Admission is $15.
3. South End House Tour: Don't forget, the much anticipated annual South End House Tour is happening this weekend from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday. See here for more details.
4. Pooch Party: Attention dog lovers, check the Howl-O-Ween part at Boston Red Dog Pet Resort & Spa (274 Southampton St.) Yes, dogs are invited! There will be having a costume contest, pet portraits, tricks and treats, there will be 15 pet food vendors on site passing out free samples, a local grilled cheese truck and more. Happening on Saturday from 12 - 3 p.m.
5. Free skin care: Head to South End Yoga (111 W Concord St.) tonight to sample breakthrough formulas created by a MIT scientist passionate about aging. All natural products, fragrance free. You can even get a complimentary facial. See here for more details.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.