Things to Know in the South End Today, Nov. 29: Crash Course in Argentine Tango
Here are a few things happening in the South End and nearby today.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a sunny day with a high near 43 degrees.
2. Learn to Tango: Step into the new MOVIMIENTO (450 Harrison Ave.) for a crash course on authentic Argentine Tango tonight at either 6:30 p.m. or 8 p.m. No dance experience is required. You'll learn the basic elements, practice drills, and work on movement quality as well as partner connection. The musical structures of Argentine Tango will be introduced. The cost is $55 and you can sign up at the door. See here for more information.
3. German Wine Tasting: Jo-Ann Ross, Certified Specialist of Wine and Wine Educator, presents wines from Germany, coupled with live music from the Community Music Center of Boston Chamber Singers. Happening tonight from 7-8:30 p.m. at the Community Music Center of Boston (34 Warren Ave.)
4. New Mom Support Group: Join in with other neighborhood new moms for a tea and coffee hour today at 10 a.m. in the Worcester Square area. Hosted at the home of Maria Dolorico of A Mom Is Born, who recommends you arrive just how you are, whether that's with spit-up in your hair or a fussy baby. The group is for moms with babies that are less than 12 weeks old. See here for more information.
5. How to Treat Acne Workshop: Whole Foods Market (15 Westland Ave.) is playing host today to Marianne Zullas, owner & licensed Esthetician of MZ Skin Care to go over the causes of acne and how to treat it, including a healthy diet. The workshop runs from 5:30 to 7 p.m., and all attendees will receive free gift bags and free mini skin care consultations. Pre-registration required. See here for more details.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.