Things to Know in the South End Today, Nov. 27: Author Talk at South End Library
Here are five things happening in the South End and nearby today.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting snow before 11 a.m. with a chance of rain. The day will be cloudy with a high near 41 degrees. The evening will cool down to 31 degrees and there is a chance of more snow. Snowfall is not expected to accumulate.
2. Author Talk: Tonight at 6:30 p.m. at the South End Branch Library (685 Tremont St.) Marylou Depieza will discuss her new book Walking in her Shoes, the story of her mother Leola Williams who lived with her husband and family in the South End. See here for more details.
3. Film Screening: Emerson College Visual Media Arts Department and Frames Per Second presents: Bright Lights: Free "Beeswax" Screening with Filmmaker Andrew Bujalski, tonight at the Bright Family Screening Room in the Paramount Theater (559 Washington St.). You can see here for more information.
4. For the Kids: Another reason to head to the South End Library tonight is that Puppeteer Nocola McEldowney will present a performance of the children's classic Ferdinand by Munro Leaf tonight at 6:30 p.m. After the program, children and parents will make a puppet. This event is also sponsored by the Friends of the South End Library. See here for more.
5. Copley Square Tree Lighting: Mayor Menino, the Boston Parks and Recreations Department and the Friends of Copley Square invite you to the annual tree lighting ceremony today at 5 p.m.at Copley Plaza.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.