Things to Know in the South End Today, Nov. 26: ARL Fundraiser
Here are five things going on in the South End and nearby today.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a mostly sunny day with a high near 44 degrees. The evening will be partly cloudy and the temperature will drop to 31 degrees.
2. ARL Fundraiser: Planet Self Storage (33 Traveler St.) is now collecting donations for the Animal Rescue League of Boston. Drop off any pet food, toys, beds, blankets anytime during normal business hours. See here for more information.
3. For The Moms: Bring yourself and your kids to Blo (437 Columbus Ave.) on Monday mornings from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. for a special hair appointment where there'll be a playspace, juice boxes and snacks for the little ones, and time for yourself to get your hair done. Appointments are $35 and must be booked in advance. See here for the details.
4. Holiday Fundraiser: Christmas trees, holiday wreaths, garland, poinsettias, Hanukkah family packs -- are all available now from Blackstone Franklin Square Neighborhood Association. Put in an online order and pick it up on Sat., Dec. 1. During that day, they will have an assortment of trees and wreaths for sale, too -- but reserve yours in advance for pickup. Proceeds will go to support improvement initiatives of the Neighborhood Association and the Friends Group. See here for more information.
5. Add your Holiday Events! Is your business, organization or neighborhood association doing anything special for the holidays? Add it to our events calendar. All posts are featured on the homepage, in the newsletter on Facebook and on Twitter, and seen by thousands of South End residents each day. Thanks and email email@example.com with any questions.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.