Things to Know in the South End Today, Nov. 12: Holiday Decorations by Blackstone Square
Here are five things going on in the South End and nearby today.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a warm, sunny day with a high near 67 degrees.
2. Holiday Fundraiser: Christmas trees, holiday wreaths, garland, poinsettias, Hanukkah family packs -- are all available now from Blackstone Franklin Square Neighborhood Association. Put in an online order and pick it up on Sat., Dec. 1. During that day, they will have an assortment of trees and wreaths for sale, too -- but reserve yours in advance for pickup. Proceeds will go to support improvement initiatives of the Neighborhood Association and the Friends Group. See here for more information.
3. Santa's coming to town: Bring your kids to meet the big jolly man himself, at The Shops at the Prudential Center from Nov. 23 to Dec. 24. A variety of photo packages will be available, starting at $19.99. See here for more details.
4. The Taste of Boston: Boston magazine’s ultimate culinary celebration, the annual Taste event is tonight from 7-9 p.m. at the Mandarin Oriental Boston (776 Boylston St.) Visit the chefs at their stations, socialize, sip and savor, all in support of the Greater Boston Food Bank. More information here.
5. Street cleaning schedule: There is no Monday daytime street cleaning today, although overnight 12:01 a.m. to 7 a.m. cleaning was still on. Meters are free today.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.