Things to Know in the South End Today, March 5: Calling All Foodies
Here's what's happening in the neighborhood today.
1. Taste of the South End: Expect to see South End favorites like Myers & Chang, Hamersly's Bistro, Tremont 647,Aquitaine, B&G Oysters and other neighborhood favorites at the annual Taste of the South End at Cyclorama at the Boston Center for the Arts.
2. Street Sweeping Starting: It's time to sign up for No Tow alerts again, because street sweeping has begun in the South End again as of March 1st. The South End is again part of an expanded sweeping program that includes the months of March and December, weather conditions permitting. See here for more information.
NOTE: Due to weather, street sweeping has been postponed for this week, until March 11th.
3. Piano Singalong: Pianist Michelle Currie will lead a piano singalong tonight in the Napoleon Room at Club Cafe beginning at 8 p.m.
4. Walk for Charity: To register for the Boston Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk on Sept. 8, or to support a walker, visit JimmyFundWalk.org or call (866) 531-9255. Participants enter the discount code BOSTON for $5 off the registration fee.
5. Civil Service: Apply to be in the Massachusetts Civil Service Unit.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.