Things to Know in the South End Today, March 19: Bookbinding at Olives & Grace
Here's what's happening in the neighborhood today.
1. Weather: Get ready for a messy morning commute. The National Weather Service is predicting snow before 10 a.m., then snow and sleet between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m., then rain and snow after 11 a.m. with a high near 36 degrees. New snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 5 inches is possible.
2. Bookbinding Workshop: Head to artisan gift shop Olives & Grace tonight for a mini-bookbinding workshop taught by local letterpress artist, Bessie of B.Impressed in Jamaica Plain. Each month Bessie teaches leads a Makers Workshop, where she shares her letterpress and design skills. Tonight's workshop starts at 6 p.m. See here for more information.
3. Yoga for Babies: A new 10-week session of Yogastarz starts today at Coco Baby, for children ages 2.5 to 5 years old. Through basic yoga techniques, movement, music, and stories, children will awaken their appreciation of their whole being. Classes meet on Tuesdays at 4:15 p.m. and the cost is $200. See here for more information.
4. Trivia Tuesdays: It's time for trivia tonight at JJ Foley's Cafe (117 E Berkeley St.) The game starts at 8 p.m. and it's free to play. Stop by with your team for a chance to win. See here for more information.
5. In Case You Missed It: It was big news in the art world yesterday when the FBI announced they had identified the suspects responsible for the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum heist in 1990. However, officials don't have the location on the 13 missing pieces of art. See the full story here.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.