Things to Know in the South End Today, Dec. 28: Ballet Auditions for Students
Here are a few things happening in your neighborhood today.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a sunny day with a high near 36 degrees. It will be breezy, with a northwest wind 11 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
2. Upcoming Ballet Auditions: Boston-area ballet students are invited to audition for the School of American Ballet’s 2013 Summer Course on Sunday, Jan. 13 from 12 to 5 p.m. The auditions will be held at Boston Ballet School, (19 Clarendon Street.) Students invited to SAB’s Summer Course will attend classes at the School’s Lincoln Center headquarters from June 24 to July 27. See here for more info.
3. Noire Fridays: Celebrate the old black and white movies with a free screening each Friday afternoon at the South End Branch Library (685 Tremont St.) This week's offering is "Illegal" with Edward G. Robinson. The show goes on at 2 p.m. See here for more information.
4. Vintage Market: Unlike the weekly SOWA open market during the summer, the SOWA vintage market stays open year round on Sundays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. It's got 25 vendors in vintage fashion and decor to help keep you and your home stylishly chic. See here for more information.
5. Election News: In case you missed it yesterday, Rep. Ed Markey has decided to throw his hat in the ring for the U.S. Senate seat vacated by Senator John Kerry, who is now a Secretary of State nominee. Markey is the first high-profile Democrat to announce intentions to run for the Senate.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.