Things to Know in the South End Today, Dec. 27: Mom Support Group
Here are a few things worth knowing in the neighborhood today.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting rain for this morning with a high near 44 degrees. The chance of precipitation is 100 percent.
2. New Mom Support Group: Join in with other neighborhood new moms for a tea and coffee hour today at 10 a.m. in the Worcester Square area. Hosted at the home of Maria Dolorico of A Mom Is Born, who recommends you arrive just how you are, whether that's with spit-up in your hair or a fussy baby. The group is for moms with babies that are less than 12 weeks old. See here for more information.
3. "Drop In" Hours at Coco Baby: Drop by with your kids and enjoy the toys, arts & crafts, and musical instruments at the Coco Baby, (1636 Washington St.) play space. Cost is $8 per visit, or ask about our annual unlimited offer.
4. Skate with Disney on Ice: The Department of Conservation and Recreation’s (DCR) is offering a free chance to skate with performers from Disney on Ice on Thursday, December 27 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m at DCR’s Steriti Memorial Rink. The first 100 patrons to arrive at DCR’s Steriti Memorial Rink during this event with a canned good donation will receive a voucher good for one FREE ticket to see Disney on Ice celebrates 100 Years of Magic, playing at the TD Garden through Sunday, December 30. Disney on Ice performers will run a skate clinic for visitors to Steriti Rink from 1 – 2 p.m. on Thursday to support the DCR.
5. Zumba Class: Stop by the Blackstone Community Center (50 W. Brookline St.) today from 6-7 p.m. for a Zumba workout. Zumba is a Latin-inspired dance and fitness workout. Drop in for $7 per class or $50 for a card for 10 classes. See here for more information.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.