Things to Know in the South End Today, Dec. 12: Coco Baby a Finalist in Boston-Wide Decorating Contest
Here are five things worth knowing in the South End and nearby today.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a mostly sunny day with a high near 41 degrees.
2. Voting is on for Boston-wide Contest: We've got a winner! Remember the Deck the Windows contest for Boston-wide businesses? Coco Baby (1636 Washington St.) has won for the South End's Washington Gateway Main Street district. The store's display (see photos on the right) will now go up against the other neighborhood finalists. You can vote for your favorite from now through Dec. 18th. vote and see more details here.
3. Holiday Shopping Night: Tonight is the 4th Annual South End Holiday Shopping Night from 4-8 p.m. Shop at any of the participating businesses you will get a coupon for $10 off a participating restaurant, and everytime you dine at one of those restaurants, you get a coupon for 10 percent off at participating stores. You can see the full list here. There will also be carolers and hot chocolate in Peter's Park tonight from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Speaking of holiday shopping, heck out the South End Holiday Gift Shopping guide, which offers ideas for finding unique, locally made or sold gifts this holiday season. All items in the gallery can be purchased right here in the South End. If you know of a great gift, please feel free to upload it to the article to share with your neighbors.
4. LAFCO at Lekker: Join founder of LAFCO New York Jon Bresler at Lekker Home (1317 Washington St.) tonight at 4 p.m. for holiday libations and treats while taking an extra 20 percent off all Lafco New York luxury products including their signature candles, soaps and new line of diffusers with handmade glass. There will also be a drawing to win gifts. See here for more information.
5. Gallery Walk: Happening tonight at 6 p.m. at the South End Branch Library, (685 Tremont St.) is a gallery walk with Jennifer Coplon. A South End resident, photographer, and professor of social work, Coplon will discuss her experiences interviewing and photographing Ugandan elders, many of whom are caring for their grandchildren. The photographs will be up until the end of December. See here for more information.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.