Things To Know in the South End, Sept. 13: Music in Worcester Square
Here are five things going on in and around the South End today.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a warm sunny day with a high of 81 degrees. The evening will be clear and cool off to about 62 degrees.
2. Author Talk with Thomas J. Foley and Moderator Dick Lehr: Thomas J. Foley, author of Most Wanted talks about the capture of James “Whitey” Bulger at the central branch of the Boston Public Library in Copley Square from 6 to 7 p.m. tonight.
3. Attention Single Guys: A South End-owned company, Hire a Boston WingWoman, is holding an event downtown to teach fun dating tips and enjoy a wine tasting from the Urban Grape. Other perks include: Men's fashion stylist Emmi Sorokin of "It's a Man's World," will explain what NOT to wear on a date, and a raffle to win ties from Ari Boston. The event gets underway tonight at 6:30 p.m. at 4 Avery Street in Boston. See here for details on how to sign up.
4. Free Concert: The Worcester Square Area Neighborhood Association is proud to sponsor the last night of the Music in the Square summer concert series held in historic Worcester Square. Join in at 6:30 p.m. for Sabor Picante featuring Latin jazz and salsa picante music. Bring your picnic baskets and blankets for a night of music the whole family can enjoy. See here for more details.
5. No Room For Wishing: This play follows Occupy Boston from its formation, through clashes with the police, infighting among the activists, legal battles and collective victories, to its eviction by the City of Boston. This event starts at 7:30 p.m. at the Boston Center for the Arts Plaza Black Box Theater (539 Tremont St.)
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.