Things to Know in the South End, Jan. 3: "Sight Lines" Exhibit at Gurari Collections
Here's what's happening in the neighborhood today.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a sunny day with a high near 26 degrees and wind chill values as low as -5. More on when this cold air will leave the area.
2. New Artist Exhibit: Stop by Gurari Collections (460b Harrison Ave.) to see "Sight Lines" by the Providence artist Sean Thomas. By means of oil paint and watercolor on canvas, panel and/or paper, Sean Thomas investigates the intersection of the built environment and the residual landscape it creates. Hours are by appointment or Tuesday - Saturday, 11am to 6:30 pm; Sundays 12 – 4 p.m. See here for more information.
4. New Mom Support Group: Join in with other neighborhood new moms for a tea and coffee hour today at 10 a.m. in the Worcester Square area. Hosted at the home of Maria Dolorico of A Mom Is Born, who recommends you arrive just how you are, whether that's with spit-up in your hair or a fussy baby. The group is for moms with babies that are less than 12 weeks old. See here for more information.
5. Resolve to Stay in the Know: Want to be completely on top of what's happening in the neighborhood? Whether it's a new restaurant opening or police activity near your home, South End Patch has got you covered. You can sign up to get breaking news updates, or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.