Things to Know, Aug. 16: Raising Bilingual Kids at Pine Village Preschool
News you can use today including: events, announcements, and more.
1. Just Like Yesterday: The National Weather Service predicts another stormy morning. Then it will be cloudy, becoming partly sunny with a high of 83. The evening will clear up and cool off to about 70.
2. How to Raise Bilingual Kids: Pine Village Pre School (700 Harrison Ave.) presents the first in a series of free parent workshops on raising bilingual children tonight at 6 p.m. Learn about language acquisition for native and non-native speakers, participate in a discussion forum, and enjoy fun activities. Refreshments will be provided. See here for more information.
3. Veteran Leadership Dinner: The Volunteers of America Massachusetts is hosting their annual Veterans Leadership Dinner at IBEW Local 103, 256 Freeport St. Dinner and entertainment will be provided for guests as we take the time to honor our local heroes. Cost of admission is $65, all proceeds go to the Volunteers of America veterans program.
4. Harborwalk Sounds: The ICA is hosting a free performance from Berklee College’s Holiday Mountain. Come check out the music and the art for free from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
5. Gardner Museum After Hours: Head down to the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum for live music and plenty of activities in the galleries from 5 to 8:30 p.m. Price of admission is $15 for adults, $12 for seniors and $5 for college students.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch: