Vacations are great, but they take a lot of planning. Staycations require less cash, fewer vacation days and shorter rides in the car (or longer rides on the T). For this week's Best of Patch Readers' Choice topic, we want to know: What's your favorite staycation location?
The following list is a sample of some great things you can do with your loved one, family or even for a quiet day by yourself. We're venturing out of the South End for this week, since the key to most vacations, even staycations, is a change of scenery.
This is a wide open topic, so we need your help. If you don't see your favorite spot in the list below, tell us in the comments and we'll add it right away.
- Freedom Trail (including the USS Constitution, King's Chapel and more)
- African Meeting House
- Prudential Tower Observation Deck
- Mount Hood Gold Course (Melrose)
- Middlesex Fells Reservation (Melrose, Medford, Stoneham, Winchester, Malden)
- Boston Harbor Islands
- Cape Ann
- Charles River Esplanade
- Plimoth Plantation (Plymouth)
- Cape Cod and the Islands
- White Mountains (including Franconia Notch, Mt. Washington and the Sacco River)
- Wrentham Outlets
- Visiting family and friends