Five Things: Eight Streets to Address 518 Tremont Wednesday
Today is Monday, Jan. 30. Here are five things you need to know today:
1. Today should be mostly sunny with temperatures in the mid-to-high 30s. There’s a chance of rain for both Tuesday and Wednesday. Temperatures could reach the mid 50s on Wednesday.
2. The Eight Streets Neighborhood Association will hold its monthly meeting at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 1, in Boston Ballet’s fifth-floor board room. The business portion of the meeting, which starts at 7 p.m., will address the new building proposal for 518 Tremont St., the “Old Dutch Candy,” one-story building between Dwight Street and PA705. A vote will take place after a presentation.
3. The Chester Square Area Neighborhood Association will hold its monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 1, at the Harriet Tubman Building.
4. If you’re a foodie looking to support President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign, look no further than “Chefs for Obama,” a cooking competition slash fundraiser at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 31, at the Cyclorama. Fourteen of the Hub’s best chefs will be on hand, as Gov. Deval Patrick, his wife Diane and chef Ming Tsai serve as the celebrity judges. See the event listing for complete details.
5. Busy last week? Get all caught up to speed with our weekly “Week in Review.”