'Chimney Fire' on West Newton Ruled a Smoke Scare
The Boston Fire Department responded to a chimney fire in the South End on Saturday.
The Boston Fire Department responded to a West Newton condo building on Saturday evening for a chimney with an excessive amount of smoke.
Fire officials were on scene for about half an hour, from 6:20 to 6:50 p.m. before ruling there was no fire.
"We investigated, but we found no fire and they coded it a smoke scare," said Boston Fire Department spokesperson Stephen MacDonald.