5 Things, Including Plenty of Sunshine
Five things you need to know today, May 17.
1) Pride in the forecast: Congratulations are in order for WCVB-TV’s David Brown, who was named Boston Pride Week’s official meteorologist. Whether that will appease the weather gods during the weeklong events (starting June 1) remains to be seen.
2) In case you missed it: Boston’s lost another independent voice: WFNX was sold to ClearChannel earlier this week. Readers have been sounding off on their disappointment, and you can join the conversation. With FNX gone, where will you go to find new music? Is rock music dead in Boston? Or have you moved on to a different station, podcasts, Pandora, Spotify or some other service?
3) Support Project Place by attending tonight’s event at their 32 Rutland St. location. Enjoy live jazz, food catered by HomePlate, and enter a contest to win Neil Diamond tickets. The event starts at 6 p.m. and the suggested donation is $25.
4) Business owners, claim your listing: Plenty of South End businesses have signed up in just the last week, including, Lynn Graham Designs, Light Power, Geoff Stein Photography, Tadpole, Channel Wolves, Goosefish Press, and Absolutely Music Four Guys In Tuxes. Ask your neighboring business owners why they signed up, and about the great free tools they’ve gotten in return. Just find your business in our directory and click on the claim button.
5) Weather: Expect lots of sunshine today and a high near 70 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. Even yesterday’s humidity is gone.